At Aidence we bring together the brightest artificial intelligence scientists, software engineers, medical and regulatory specialists and industry experts to shape tomorrow’s healthcare. Our ambition is to help physicians incorporate AI into clinical practice to deliver outstanding care to their patients. We are currently developing a suite of AI clinical applications for the automatic analysis of medical images. Our first solution focuses on the early detection of lung cancer and heart disease using cutting edge deep learning algorithms.
Aidence is one of the first in the world to commercialise AI-based imaging diagnostics with active installations in multiple European countries and the first steps being made to enter the US market. Aidence is backed by a consortium of local and international top-tier VC’s.
In almost five years Aidence has grown to an international team of 50 highly motivated and purpose-driven people with different backgrounds, and personalities. We work closely together to achieve our common goal to transform the oncology pathway using AI. In the first years, our main focus was on building the product. With the new investments we recently received, we are able to further commercialize and deploy our solutions in the healthcare market. This brings a new dynamic within the team, with commercial people working alongside the development team.
Are you a team player, humble and passionate about our purpose? Do you feel excited about being part of a fast-growing start-up that is making a real difference in healthcare?
We are rapidly expanding our team, and are putting even more emphasis on the early prototyping of our solution, as well as the usability of our final products. As you will be the first UX/UI designer in the company, you need to be able to work autonomously and bring a high level of expertise. You will be part of the complete product development cycle, from early prototyping to implementing the final design. You will bring concepts to reality through the use of various visualization practices. As a Senior UX/UI Designer, you will define and implement the UX/UI strategy across our platform, contributing directly to our mission and paving the way for the future.
The first product you will be working on will be a web-based AI-enabled application that clinicians use to manage lung cancer follow-up. This includes challenges like secure login and integration with our own products and several hospital systems.
In this position, you will:
- Have the chance to both work on new products that you help create from scratch, as well as iterate and improve on existing products.
- Research our customers with a passion for understanding how they think and work, for example through site visits and in-depth interviews, usability testing, etc (within the current possibilities). Our customers are mainly clinical professionals, such as oncologists and cardiologists.
- Work closely with key stakeholders, such as product managers and engineers, to review and refine the design as well as understand new feature requirements.
- Clearly illustrate how the application functions and looks to inform stakeholders both internally and externally, throughout all stages of the product, using a range of visualization tools.
- Design simple, intuitive UI that meets and exceeds customer expectations. This includes of course graphic user interface elements, like menus, components and widgets that can scale with the platform, while setting and adhering to style guide standards. You will architect page navigation and information collection flows.
- Ensure all UX/UI documents are complete, current, and archived appropriately.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Apply best practices with strong consideration for accessibility, scalability, and ease of maintenance.
- Be the first to get started on a company-wide, cross-platform, UX/UI strategy.
What we value
- 5+ years of UX/UI experience with a solid portfolio of UX/UI and graphic design for software solutions.
- High level of autonomy and able to set the standard.
- The healthcare domain and our mission speak to your heart.
- You master the UX lifecycle with proven deep and direct experience in all skills areas and tools.
- You are customer-focused, with experience using design research methods to uncover customer insights. You are comfortable interacting with a variety of end-users.
- Demonstrated balance between creativity and application of guidelines ensuring best-in-class UI/UX solution. As we work in the medical domain, you realize that traceability in our product development process is important.
- Ability to create a range of visualization tools that support the development process, such as wireframes, mock-ups, clickable prototypes, etc.
- Proficiency in Adobe XD, Axure RP, Sketch, Figma or similar applications.
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- You are comfortable with working in a fast-paced and rapidly growing start-up environment.
Some nice to haves
- Experience with the SCRUM way of working.
- Design Thinking and/or Lean start-up mindset.
- Problem-solving skills to tackle business challenges.
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with an appropriate level of technical knowledge to communicate with business partners and technical stakeholders.
- Intellectual curiosity to provide creative solutions.
- Desire to work in a team environment.
What we offer
- Be part of a fast-growing start-up, with a transparent culture and short communication lines, where you get lots of autonomy and opportunities to take on responsibilities.
- You get to be at the forefront of introducing AI in the clinical world and thereby help our customers to save lives.
- Work with an international group of highly passionate and intelligent colleagues.
- We have a flexible approach to where you want to work. Be it remotely or in our beautiful waterside office in the old center of Amsterdam.
- We value social interaction and provide team events and free lunches (within the current possibilities).
- As the company is growing and maturing, you get the chance to grow with it and together define our strategy.
Please use the button below to apply.