At Aidence we bring together the brightest artificial intelligence scientists, software engineers, medical and regulatory specialists and industry experts to shape tomorrow’s healthcare. Our ambition is to help physicians incorporate AI into clinical practice to deliver outstanding care to their patients. We are currently developing a suite of AI clinical applications for the automatic analysis of medical images. Our first solution focuses on the early detection of lung cancer and heart disease using cutting edge deep learning algorithms.
Aidence is one of the first in the world to commercialise AI-based imaging diagnostics with active installations in multiple European countries and the first steps being made to enter the US market. Aidence is backed by a consortium of local and international top-tier VC’s.
In almost five years Aidence has grown to an international team of 35 highly motivated and purpose-driven people with different backgrounds and personalities. We work closely together to achieve our common goal to transform the oncology pathway using AI. In the first years, our main focus was on building the product. With the new investments we recently received, we are able to further commercialise and deploy our solutions in the healthcare market. This brings a new dynamic within the team, with commercial people working alongside the development team.
Are you a team player, humble and passionate about our purpose? Do you feel excited about being part of a fast-growing start-up that is making a real difference in healthcare?
Then please continue reading because we might be the perfect team to join!
Veye Suite is the Aidence product concept of an end-to-end, AI-enabled, data aggregation and analysis platform to transform lung cancer care from screening and detection through to diagnosis and treatment.
The Product Manager is responsible for the product roadmap and execution throughout the product life cycle, including: gathering and prioritising product and customer requirements, defining & refining the product vision & delivery and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager also ensures that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
Product research will be initially focused on UK screening hospitals, but will gradually be extended to involve other UK hospital sites, EU hospitals and programmes, and pharma company stakeholders.
As Product Manager you will be responsible for:
- Defining the product strategy and roadmap
- Running beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples
- Responsible for innovation and end-to-end launch of one or more Aidence products
- Evaluate existing products on the market to recommend a ‘buy-or-build’ approach
- Collaborating with customers, product users and global (commercial) partners and customers to co-develop a roadmap and drive products and features from concept to launch
- Working with cross-functional teams and various stakeholders, including data science, commercial, engineering, and medical team
- Partnering with stakeholders and customers across the organisation to inform the product vision, strategy, features, and prioritisation
- Leading the product functional design process based on an intimate knowledge of the users and technology
- Defining and executing go-to-market plans, working to ensure that product management, marketing, and sales have what they need to be successful
- Developing and maintaining appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance post-launch to evaluate future investment
Product Development (production-ready release)
- Maintaining the team backlog – With input from the Chief Architect, Engineering and other stakeholders, the PM has the primary responsibility for building, editing, and maintaining the team backlog
- Iteration Planning – The PM reviews and (re)prioritizes the backlog as part of the prep work for Iteration Planning, including coordination of dependencies with other PM. During the iteration planning event, the PM communicates story detail and priorities and ensures the team aligns and agrees on a final iteration plan.
- Translates product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria.
- Collaborates with the team to detail stories with acceptance criteria and examples in the form of acceptance tests.
- Works with the team to agree on accepted story completion. This includes validating that the story meets acceptance criteria, that it has the appropriate, persistent acceptance tests, and that it otherwise complies with its Definition of Done (DoD). In doing so, the PM also assures a level of quality, focusing primarily on fitness for use.
- Collaborates with their team and any other stakeholders in the team demo. They also participate in the Iteration Retrospective, where the teams gather to improve their processes
- Prioritizes and maintains the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of stakeholders.
- Development of the deployment playbook, together with the relevant stakeholders
- Accountable for the product refinement during the product life cycle
What we value
- Strategic mindset, being able to balance technical knowledge and (medical/healthcare) business acumen
- Good problem-solving skills and aptitude for creative thinking, with a customer-first, ABCD thinking mindset
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent program management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment – great team worker
- High degree of organisation, individual initiative, and personal accountability
- Minimum bachelor degree
- At least 5 years of experience in product management and/or product development of B2B software, with the ability to translate complex, technical user requirements into clear product specifications
- Established background in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, understanding of Agile principles
- Experience in employing user experience and user journey mapping techniques
- Good working knowledge of patient administration systems and processes across primary and secondary care providers, including interoperability and data exchange standards
- Some familiarity with clinical care pathway design, particularly as it relates to lung health and lung cancer
- Basic working knowledge of AI initiatives using machine learning and deep learning in the area of lung cancer care (imaging, diagnostics, pathology, genomics, predictive analytics, etc)
- Awareness of the principles of change management as they might apply to the adoption of new ways of working following the adoption of a technical solution in healthcare
- A commitment to the values of diversity and inclusion
- Fluent in the English language
- Citizen of the EU or UK
- medical team, led by Chief Medical Officer
- technical architecture team, led by Chief Architect
- NHSX AI Award programme team, led by UK Projects and Delivery Manager
- engineering and services teams, led by Head of Engineering
- commercial team, led by Chief Commercial Officer
- pharma projects team, led by Chief Operating Officer
- NHS targeted lung health check sites running Veye software – clinical, IT and administrative stakeholders
- Other NHS hospital sites engaged in lung cancer pathway patient care
- Patient and public engagement, where practical
- National or regional UK policy leads or specialists (for example, where work is being conducted on screening programme technology support, or optimised pathway design)
- UK and EU lung cancer and radiology KOLs
- EU hospitals providing lung cancer services
- Third party technology vendors
- Pharmaceutical and life science contacts, looking at similar platform initiatives
Please use the button below to apply.