At Aidence, we rally 60+ of the brightest data scientists, software engineers, medical, regulatory, and commercial experts, all driven by the purpose of drastically improving medical diagnostics using AI.
Aidence is part of RadNet’s Artificial Intelligence division. In almost six years of activity, we built a solid track record of deployments and gained the trust of physicians who recognise the problem we are solving for them. Our solution, focusing on early lung cancer diagnosis, is currently used in screening programmes and routine clinical practice across Europe and is pending FDA approval.
We have become the strong company we are today because our team represents a wide variety of cultures and backgrounds. We believe that our differences complement each other and, by actively promoting inclusion at all levels throughout our organisation, we offer equal chances to everyone.
Are you a team player, humble, energetic, and passionate about our mission? Do you want to be part of a fast-growing scale-up that is making a difference in healthcare?
Then please continue reading!
We are looking for a part-time legal counsel (16 to 24hrs a week) to support both Aidence and Quantib. The legal counsel is responsible for all legal aspects of the Aidence and Quantib organizations. The legal counsel oversees and identifies the legal issues in the organizations. The legal counsel serves as an in-house legal guide, providing assistance and advice on all law matters.
- Gives legal advice to company executives on contracts, legal risks, and business terms. The person provides continuing legal guidance on all matters for the company, such as providing legal advice regarding risk management and responding to legal questions from the HR, Quality & Regulatory and Sales teams.
- Manage any litigation actions involving the company, from going to the courthouse to litigate cases to negotiating settlement agreements to avoid litigation when possible
- Providing expert and strategic legal advice to management
- Examine and draft IT, employment, real estate and vendor contracts, and manage copyrights and trademarks to minimize risks and maximize legal rights
- When designing contracts, taking usability, and maintainability into account, taking a risk-based approach to completeness vs complexity vs ease of use vs speed of customer acceptance
- Maintain knowledge of the organisation’s operations and legal documents
- Promulgate and create directives of corporate acts and decisions
- Preserve all corporate records and handle statutory filings, such as licensing forms
- Create new entities (international scope) and manage the organization’s intellectual property
- Provide legal guidance to set up and maintain the Aidence / Quantib Operating model
- Work closely with Regulatory Affairs to ensure legal aspects of regulatory compliance are covered
Skills and competences
- Proven legal counselling experience in a similar business environment, preferably in healthcare
- Start-up mentality
- Legal knowledge – legal counsel needs extensive legal knowledge to ensure the company stays compliant with all relevant laws and regulations; to provide advice on contractual language, and to manage all legal actions currently for the company
- Negotiation– legal counsel negotiates business contracts, settlement agreements, and other legal matters
- Critical thinking – legal counsel uses critical thinking skills to examine contractual language and provide risk management advice
- Communication skills – legal counsel needs excellent written and verbal communication skills to create reports and provide legal advice in language that’s easy for non-lawyers to understand
- Language skills – legal counsel needs to be fluent in English and Dutch
The position reports to the CFO of Aidence and the COO of Quantib.