Aidence rallies 50+ of the brightest data scientists, software engineers, medical, regulatory, and commercial experts, all driven by the purpose of drastically improving medical diagnostics using AI.
In almost six years of activity, we built a solid track record of deployments and gained the trust of physicians who recognise the problem we are solving for them. Our first solution, focusing on early lung cancer diagnosis, is currently used in screening programmes and routine clinical practice across Europe.
Aidence has raised €12.5 million to date with top tier VC funds backing. With new grants, awards and partnerships, we are now growing our install-base and extending our portfolio, while also taking the first steps to enter the US market. Based on our current outlook, we expect a successful series B in 2022.
Aidence has become the strong company it is today because our team represents a wide variety of cultures and backgrounds. We believe that our differences complement each other and, by actively promoting inclusion at all levels throughout our organisation, we offer equal chances to everyone.
Are you a team player, humble, energetic, and passionate about our mission? Do you want to be part of a fast-growing scale-up that is making a difference in healthcare?
Then please continue reading!
What you will do:
We look at the Head of Product as being the linking point of the organization, because you’ll have an important role in defining how the future product will look like.
In order to be successful in this role, we believe you must have a clear product prioritization process; building on what’s already being created as well as adding your own contribution.
On a similar note, you are capable of taking input from external parties, customers, partners (distributors, hospitals, doctors, etc) and translate it into priorities. They are spread over Europe, and very soon US, Japan and hopefully, more to come.
Additionally, you will:
- Be responsible for the on-time delivery of all software and models according to the product roadmap of the Aidence platform
- Have a strong operational mindset and you think about the balance between quality, customer value, costs, and efficiency
- Work extensively with (complex) technical implementations
- Own onboarding, personal development, and retention in the product team as it expands
- Collaborate closely together with Quality and Regulatory to assure the required quality of the development process and regulatory compliance according to ISO13485
You will be working closely with our:
- head of engineering (the closest)
- compliance team, regulatory team
- commercial team
…and will have direct reports as:
- product managers (3- 4)
- head of medical (and their respective team, 2-3 people)
- head of compliance (and their respective team, 3 people)
Must have skills/experience:
- Experienced in Software product development. Ideally, you have done this before and know the ins and outs of B2B experience
- Fast learner, embracing the regulatory environment (which translates into quality over speed. This sometimes clashes with the agile way of working that many engineers appreciate)
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders with presence & maturity
- This role is the linking pin in the organization which requires a great balance between functional management and the ability to create trust
- A structured approach to working and going deep on customer needs. Having a strategic approach. We always say that “if you can think like a doctor, it helps a lot”.
- You’re used to leading a team
- 10+ years in product management
- 3+ years leading and managing product teams of min. 10 people, with a player-coach leadership mentality
The position has a seat in the management team and reports to the CEO