At Aidence, we bring together the brightest artificial intelligence scientists, software engineers, medical and regulatory specialists, and industry experts to shape tomorrow’s healthcare. Our ambition is to help physicians incorporate AI into clinical practice to deliver outstanding care to their patients. We are currently developing a suite of clinical applications for the oncology pathway. Our first solution focuses on the early detection of lung cancer using deep learning algorithms.
Aidence is one of the first to commercialise AI-based imaging diagnostics with active installations in multiple European countries and the first steps to enter the US market. Our company is backed by a consortium of local and international top-tier VC’s.
In almost five years, we have grown to an international team of around 50 highly motivated and purpose-driven people with different backgrounds and personalities. In the first years, our focus was on building the product. With the new investments we recently received, we can further commercialise and deploy our solutions in the healthcare market. This brings a new dynamic within the team, with commercial people working alongside the development team.
Are you a team player, humble and passionate about our purpose? Do you feel excited about being part of a fast-growing start-up that is making a difference in healthcare?
Then please continue reading!
Your responsibilities include all aspects of financial management on a strategic and operational level: providing advice to management, creating reports and running all daily financial operations. The Head of Finance has experience as a former Business Controller in a scale-up or corporate organization and is ready to make a move towards a fast growing international startup.
Examples of daily tasks:
Coordinate Financial administration
- Make improvements on daily financial processes and operations (including automation if valuable
- Keep track of accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Coordinate invoice & payroll management through our partner Ccount (includes: invoice management, annual account reporting, tax returns, VAT)
Management Accounting & Business controlling
- Represent Finance as a member of the Management Team
- Provide strategic advice to management and all stakeholders
- Create monthly management reports, and do proper analyses, for our MT, the shareholders and the advisory board (e.g. financial runway impact, cash flow analyses, financial forecast, OKR management + delivery + metrics, government grants like WBSO)
- Challenge the Business on commercial promises, contracts, expenses, budget, etc.
Investor relations & government fundings
- Manage investor relations, together with the founders
- Prepare reports for the investor board and government vehicles
What we value
The new Head of Finance is:
- A team player, a real connector;
- An excellent communicator who is able to challenge business decisions and give constructive feedback to other departments and stakeholders;
- Someone who is business savvy, structured and keen on improving the Aidence organization as a whole;
- A financial university-level degree is desired including a minimum of 10 years relevant working experience;
- Excel has no secrets for you and experience with Power BI is a nice to have;
- Our ideal candidate is fluent in English, both written and spoken;
- Ability to rapidly learn from and contribute to the learning of others;
- Apply great and creative problem-solving skills;
- Strong analysis skills;
- Ability to work independently and be self-driven;
- Ability to structure your work effectively.
Please use the button below to apply.