At Aidence we bring together the brightest artificial intelligence scientists, software engineers, medical and regulatory specialists and industry experts to shape tomorrow’s healthcare. Our ambition is to help physicians incorporate AI into clinical practice to deliver outstanding care to their patients. We are currently developing a suite of AI clinical applications for the automatic analysis of medical images. Our first solution focuses on the early detection of lung cancer and heart disease using cutting edge deep learning algorithms.
Aidence is one of the first in the world to commercialise AI-based imaging diagnostics with active installations in multiple European countries and the first steps being made to enter the US market. Aidence is backed by a consortium of local and international top-tier VC’s.
In almost five years Aidence has grown to an international team of 35 highly motivated and purpose-driven people with different backgrounds and personalities. We work closely together to achieve our common goal to transform the oncology pathway using AI. In the first years, our main focus was on building the product. With the new investments we recently received, we are able to further commercialise and deploy our solutions in the healthcare market. This brings a new dynamic within the team, with commercial people working alongside the development team.
Are you a team player, humble and passionate about our purpose? Do you feel excited about being part of a fast-growing start-up that is making a real difference in healthcare?
Then please continue reading because we might be the perfect team to join!
As Head of Engineering, you are responsible for the effective management and development of the Engineering team (direct & through delegation) and for the optimal use of the available resources for the (multi-disciplinary) product teams. You are also responsible for the execution and timely delivery of the Technical Product roadmap, in accordance with the agreed standards (together with Product Management).
The Tech team will grow considerably in the next two years. We are looking for someone who is able to grow the tech team effectively, to fit in and shape the right management structure and to successfully lead the ‘to be’ team.
Due to the technical & regulatory complexity, it is important to have the teamwork in a structured and disciplined way. Quality over speed is important in this market. This sometimes clashes with the agile way of working that many engineers appreciate. We are looking for a people leader who is able to manage this balance properly.
You have a background in software innovation as you will oversee the Service and Engineering teams through the exciting phase of the company’s trajectory of exponential growth. You are driven by getting the product to commercial success and are crucial in the transition of being technology-focused to a commercial entity.
As Head of Engineering you will:
- Be responsible for the on-time delivery of all software and models according to the product roadmap of the Aidence platform
- Have a strong operational mindset and you think about the balance between higher production and quality of code
- Work extensively with (complex) technical implementations
- Manage the Technical Engineering team (Data Science, Development & Engineering). We see multiple directions of growth and need your vision to define the right direction! We’ll add more disciplines and specialists. It will depend on you to decide what the role and team grow into.
- You will be part of the (Product) Management Team and in that role contribute to the technical vision for the company and anticipate, plan and manage the development of the Aidence platform devices and other Technical products
- Focus on ways of adding value to our customer through innovation, integration and service that will drive commercialisation and retention
- Be responsible for the technical support and drive it to be a competitive advantage for Aidence
- Manage, coach, engage and motivate the team of Data Scientists, Development Engineers and DevOps/Service engineers (all tech teams). Both directly and through delegation.
- Own onboarding, personal development and retention in the tech team as it expands
- Work closely together with Quality and Regulatory to assure the required quality of the development process and regulatory compliance according to ISO13485
- Create and cultivate a positive team dynamic
- Be working methodical, be process-oriented, and be laser-focused on KPIs
- Act as a sparring partner for technical design and service issues
What we value
- A proven track record of leadership in areas of technology and people management
- A proven track record of scaling a Product, Design and Engineering organization and leading tech side of a successful exit
- A maker spirit and a consistent history of delivering results with software over the past 7-10 years.
- A clear vision of what a successful Product, Design and Engineering organization looks like and how to achieve it.
- Experience in big data systems, emerging technologies like machine learning, highly scalable distributed/cloud applications and an agile development process
- A background in Computer Science or equivalent and 10+ years of experience in software development
- A broad set of interests that include a significant overlap with the company’s vision and mission
Please use the button below to apply.