At Aidence, we bring together the brightest artificial intelligence scientists, software engineers, medical and regulatory specialists, and industry experts to shape tomorrow’s healthcare. Our ambition is to help physicians incorporate AI into clinical practice to deliver outstanding care to their patients. We are currently developing a suite of clinical applications for the oncology pathway. Our first solution focuses on the early detection of lung cancer using deep learning algorithms.
Aidence is one of the first to commercialise AI-based imaging diagnostics with active installations in multiple European countries and the first steps to enter the US market. Our company is backed by a consortium of local and international top-tier VC’s.
In almost five years, we have grown to an international team of around 50 highly motivated and purpose-driven people with different backgrounds and personalities. In the first years, our focus was on building the product. With the new investments we recently received, we can further commercialise and deploy our solutions in the healthcare market. This brings a new dynamic within the team, with commercial people working alongside the development team.
Are you a team player, humble and passionate about our purpose? Do you feel excited about being part of a fast-growing start-up that is making a difference in healthcare?
Then please continue reading!
The company is rapidly growing and expects their deployments to new hospitals to sky-rocket throughout Europe and the US over the coming years. The engineering team are busy onboarding new clients, building and releasing new features and AI solutions for medical diagnostics. Our product is used by radiologists, pulmonologists and oncologists in hospitals, cancer centers and research universities, powering major improvements in how CT scans drive diagnostics and patient care.
The engineering team covers a number of disciplines including data science, automation, testing and site reliability. We are looking to expand our frontend development capability (Typescript/React) with a strong medior front-end engineer with between 3-7 years experience that can work autonomously.
As a frontend developer, you will be part of the team owning, maintaining and improving internal tooling as well as user facing applications that contribute directly to our mission.
Aidence have created a data acquisition pipeline. It includes the ability for medical specialists to annotate image data. These are used in training and medical certification of the AI models, core to our platform. This tool is built with ReactJS and uses a third-party JS library to display and manipulate the images from our patient’s CT scans (DICOM images)
User facing applications:
The company’s AI solution integrates with medical software systems in a clinical setting. More advanced use cases and requirements mean that front-ends need to be developed and refined. These are used by radiologists and specialists working directly with patients.
Interesting challenges developing:
- device agnostic (desktop and tablets) user experience development for modern browsers;
- client-side image processing;
- performance optimisation with consideration for network speed & latency issues, client optimisations eg using web workers;
- designing and experimenting with user interaction for complex medical image annotation tasks;
- writing unit, integration and end to end tests (using Testing Library and Cypress)
- Secure front-ends with CSP policies, managing and auditing NPM libraries and CVEs, ensuring ASVS controls;
- Manipulating data on pixel level, segmentations, bounding boxes etc.
As the frontend engineer you will:
- Focus on ways of adding value to our customer through innovation, integration and service that will drive commercialisation and retention.
- Be responsible throughout the life-cycle for features and projects you work on, from refining the approach to seeing it running in production.
- Maintain and observe all Quality and Regulatory requirements throughout development and operations, to assure our continued compliance.
What we value
- High quality Frontend development, 3-7 yrs experience
- The healthcare domain and our mission speaks to your heart.
- Required Experience:
– Created, supported, maintained high quality front-end projects
– A proven track record in frontend development using both SPA frameworks and VanillaJS
– Clean, quality code supported by (unit , integration) tests and validation
- Nice to have experience:
– Experience React.Js and Typescript
– Experience with DICOM, python, Django REST framework, test automation
– Experience with imaging libraries / Cornerstone.Js / OHIF / ArrayBuffer / HTML 5 Canvas or WebGL
– Experience working with data on a pixel level. Someone who has worked with bounding boxes before would definitely be preferable.
Please use the button below to apply.