Aidence rallies 50+ of the brightest data scientists, software engineers, medical, regulatory, and commercial experts, all driven by the purpose of drastically improving medical diagnostics using AI.
In almost six years of activity, we built a solid track record of deployments and gained the trust of physicians who recognise the problem we are solving for them. Our first solution, focusing on early lung cancer diagnosis, is currently used in screening programmes and routine clinical practice across Europe.
Aidence has raised €12.5 million to date with top tier VC funds backing. With new grants, awards and partnerships, we are now growing our install-base and extending our portfolio, while also taking the first steps to enter the US market. Based on our current outlook, we expect a successful series B in 2022.
Aidence has become the strong company it is today because our team represents a wide variety of cultures and backgrounds. We believe that our differences complement each other and, by actively promoting inclusion at all levels throughout our organisation, we offer equal chances to everyone.
Are you a team player, humble, energetic, and passionate about our mission? Do you want to be part of a fast-growing scale-up that is making a difference in healthcare?
Then please continue reading!
Responsible for the entire Cloud Infrastructure and Development Experience ecosystem, including Security Operations. Be a DevOps culture ambassador in the organization.
- Lead an agile team of Production and Site Reliability Engineers
- Act as interface with the product development teams to collect requirements, manage the backlog and help to influence the product roadmap
- Design, automate, build and operate our hybrid platform infrastructure
- Design and implement our continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Design, implement and support the collection, aggregation and monitoring of the event logs and metrics
- Maintain the monitoring and alerting of the systems and components, help product teams to set SLOs and alerting
- Work closely with the Product Development Teams to improve the deployment process
- Work together with the Service Teams to improve the operational process
- Maintain security compliance at the requested level
- Facilitate the release management
- Analyze development processes and help automate them
- Monitor cloud costs and work with the Engineering leadership to reduce them
The key skills
- Several years of experience being hands-on as a software developer, production engineer, system engineer, or site reliability engineer with on-call responsibilities
- Experience leading a team of 5-7 people.
- Ability to collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers and other Engineering Leads to ensure that the team has clear direction and priorities.
- Prior experience in designing, deploying and scaling production environments either on-prem or cloud
- Experience with establishing SLOs, Monitoring and Alerting (Familiarity with ELK Stack is strongly preferred)
- Experience setting up on-call and incident management processes
- Experience with running & deploying applications on Kubernetes
- Experience programming/scripting skills (Go, Python preferred)
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure principles (load balancing, high availability, server-based and serverless architecture, database configurations) and cloud performance
- Proven experience with IaaC, terraform, or similar technologies
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline builders such as GitLab runners or similar
- Knowledge of Security and Disaster Recovery best practices
- Fluent in written and spoken English
What we value
- An empathetic leader that can balance compassion, empathy and high standards for delivery and behaviour
- System thinking and the ability to connect the work of the team to the bigger picture
- Experience with networking not limited to the OSI model, routing, VPC, subnets, DHCP, DNS, Firewalls and NAT
- Experience with GitOps and TDD
- Familiarity with toolings like Ansible and Packer
- Familiarity with the software development process
- Analytic ability to determine the root cause of software problems and create a clear, reproducible issue report
- Experience in DevOps and agile workflows
- Experience in collaboration, mediation and problem solving
- Experience with Design Architecture of Cloud-native solutions
- Desire to improve process and product
- Ability to manage expectations and effectively communicate with all relevant stakeholders
- Potential to collaborate within a multidisciplinary setting, but is also capable of- and experienced enough to work autonomously
The position reports to the Head of Engineering