At Aidence, we rally 90+ of the brightest data scientists, software engineers, medical, regulatory, and commercial experts, all driven by the purpose of drastically improving medical diagnostics using AI.
Aidence is part of RadNet’s Artificial Intelligence division. In seven years of activity, we built a solid track record of deployments and gained the trust of physicians who recognise the problem we are solving for them. Our solution, focusing on early lung cancer diagnosis, is currently used in screening programmes and routine clinical practice across Europe and is pending FDA approval.
We have become the strong company we are today because our team represents a wide variety of cultures and backgrounds. We believe that our differences complement each other and, by actively promoting inclusion at all levels throughout our organisation, we offer equal chances to everyone.
Are you a team player, humble, energetic, and passionate about our mission? Do you want to be part of a fast-growing scale-up that is making a difference in healthcare?
Then please continue reading!
The technology department covers a number of disciplines from data science to product development, including testing and platform automation. Veye Product teams own the services that ensure that patient studies are safely transferred from hospitals or connectivity partners to our AI platform, the device that processes the studies and makes inferences using our AI models, and the reporting tool for large screening sites. On all these teams, reliability, performance and security are paramount.
As part of one of the Veye Product teams, you’ll be responsible for the development of Aidence’s backend applications and core products, building automation, integrations or implementing new devices.
- Collect technical requirements, design and develop new features.
- Take advantage of the services GCP provide to accelerate the development and time to market of our products
- Be in complete control of the features and projects you work on by following through the entire development cycle, from refinement to seeing it running in production.
- Maintain and observe all Quality and Regulatory requirements throughout development and operations to assure our continued compliance
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to make strategic recommendations and improvements to the technology and business
What we value
- Ability to rapidly learn from and contribute to the learning of others
- Aptitude for teamwork
- Apply great and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong analytics mindset
- Drive and determination to continually choose appropriate accuracy/error measures and evaluation strategy
- Ability to work independently and be self-driven
- Ability to structure your work effectively
- Not afraid of working inside a strong regulatory framework and disciplined about complex testing needs
- Ability to make well-reasoned trade-offs between velocity and quality, understanding when to work for higher quality and when to optimise for time-to-market
- 3+ years of working experience in a similar role
- Experience working with Python
- Accustomed to test-driven development and CI/CD practice
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience developing production code using AWS or GCP
- Experience working with microservices and distributed systems
- Fluent in English
Nice to have
- A link to your GitHub repository so we can check your code!
- Experience in the MedTech field
- Experience with DICOM, FHIR, HL7
- Experience with Python Async
- Experience working with any major Python framework like Django or Flask
- Experience with Event-Driven Architecture
What we offer
- A chance to have a real impact on the fight against cancer!
- Salary range: 70-100 €k
- Remote-first – you can work from the Netherlands (full-time) or work remotely worldwide (contractor). We only ask that you come over 4 times a year for our Quarterly Company offsites.
- 25 vacation days (on a full time basis)
- Lots of autonomy, lots of responsibility.
- Very smart, passionate colleagues.
- A modern technology stack. You will use Google Cloud Platform with a strong preference for cloud-native and serverless.
Our selection process has the following interview stages:
- Introductory phone interview with Recruitment (45min)
- Introductory phone interview with the Hiring Manager (45min)
- A take-home coding exercise (max 3h) followed by an interview in which we will go through the code and ask you to do some adjustments to the same code (~1.5h). This step can be skipped if your open source contribution is enough for us to review.
- A systems design interview in which we will ask you to draw some boxes and talk through architectural choices, trade offs and failure modes (~1.5h)
- Final interview with the Head of Engineering (~1h)
- Each interview will give you plenty of time to ask questions to your future team.
Our philosophy is that we respect the time of our candidates, we won’t ask you to do an interview just for show, we won’t make you wait indefinitely and we will always give you feedback. We want to make a decision (either successful or not) in a matter of a couple of weeks, better if less.